Wednesday, October 20, 2010
His Joy is Greater...
Every morning when I go in to wake Nicholas, I am greeted with a great big smile, a constant stream of "talking", and the most adorable giggles. His excitement to see me and his desire to talk to me, warms my heart and brings me so much joy. What a blessing it is to have a son who looks forward to spending time with me each day. But, what is even greater is the fact that, as much as I love having my child display such happiness and eagerness to be with me, the Lord has even more joy when I come to Him, talk to Him, and listen to Him. My gibberish and ramblings bring Him joy. My laughter, my tears, my worries, my joys - the Lord wants to hear it all. He is there each morning and looks forward to spending time with me. How great that the Creator and Savior of the World, is looking forward and desiring to spend time with us. For He says, " Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." How wonderful to know that the Lord asks us to come to Him and to lay our burdens on Him. He wants for us to unload our worries and fears on Him. He wants to listen to our burdens and comfort us during stressful times. But, the most beautiful fact is that He is "gentle and lowly in heart". Our Lord is approachable and receives us with gentleness, meekness, and love. Praise be to God!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.